2017年4月30日 星期日

#7 Steve Jobs’ Talk

Steve Job's 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

【Five good word】
1. * naively * 輕信的;天真的 (Cambridge Dictionary)
- too willing to believe that someone is telling the truth, that people's intentions in general are good, or that life is simple and fair. People are often naive because they are young and/or have not had much experience.
" I naively believed he was telling the truth."

2. * require * 需要;要求;規定 (Cambridge Dictionary)
- to need something or make something necessary
" Please call this number if you require any further information. "

3. * curiosity * 好奇心;求知慾 (Cambridge Dictionary)
- an eager wish or learn about something
" I'm burning with curiosity - you must tell me who won ! "

4. * devastating * 破壞性極大的;令人震撼的(Cambridge Dictionary)
- causing a lot of damage or destruction
" If the bomb had exploded in the main shopping area, it would have been devastating. "
- used to describe a person quality that has a powerful effect
" She had a devastating charm that few men could resist. "

5. * awful *  (Cambridge Dictionary)
- extremely bad or unpleasant 極壞的 / 惡劣的 (Bad)
" We had awful weather. " / " She'd been ill and she looked awful. "
- very great 極大的 / 很多的 (Good)
" I don't know an awful lot about art, but I'm learning. "


In Jobs speech, I learned the important thing is to love what you do. Although he didn't graduate and fired by his company, he never give up. He still learn something that interesting him. His spirit inspire me to find my interest in school or job and love what I do. I hope my life is meaningful and learn with a humble heart.

1 則留言:

  1. 1. Yes, love what we do.
    2. Minor errors: In Jobs' speech, I learned the important thing is to love what you do. => I learned it's important to love what you do.
    3. Although he didn't graduate and fired by his company...=> Although he didn't graduate and "got fired" by his company...

    回覆刪除